View Single Post
Old January 24, 2017, 11:53 AM   #68
rshaw

Very thought provoking comments in this thread, and the poll results surprise me! (I would have thought more people would choose the "keep in the safe" option. I have been struggling with this issue for a while- several comments really making an impression on me, such as:
- risk of breaking a numbered part- rare Luger P08 versus vintage Colt SAA
- mint NIB unfired, versus older gun obviously fired
- can't take them with you, so enjoy them now
- do I really want to be a caretaker and tie up $ ? or... call it an investment
- trade 1 collectable for 2 or 3 special shooters

Ah well.. Each has to settle this issue for one's self. I have a matching P08 Luger with one matching mag- I am SO tempted to shoot it just to see what that's like- BUT if after the 5th round or so, I would break the slide or kill the toggle... I would NOT be happy. So I'll have to wait for the paperwork on my recently acquired P08 shooter to come through- only 7 more months. (Dutch law)

Have to learn some patience I guess. And practise with my refinished ac43 P38 shooter. The collector's piece is the first Luger I have ever seen let alone bought, so that makes it special. I originally bought it with the intention to shoot it, and then got into the discussion of "breaking a numbered part."

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries