View Single Post
Old May 28, 2020, 11:03 AM   #54
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by azretired View Post
I spent the last 15 years of my LE career as a Detective and carried concealed daily a SIG P220, .45 ACP, which is not small. I used an EL Paso Saddlery "Street Combat. This is an extremely well made pancake holster that is still well under $100. For a belt I used either a 1.5 inch Helweg stitched leather (black) or a Bianchi 1.5 inch Stitched leather belt (brown). I still use both and they are both over 25 years old.
In retirement now, I carry a 642 either in my RF Pocket (preferred) or in a JIT on my belt at 3 o'clock. If I take a long trip in my car I use an upside down shoulder holster.

Forgive me, I’m just now seeing that there was two more responses to this thread but anywhoo to give an update, I think I’m just pretty much to the conclusion that with any belt to just even hold my pants up, I just don’t have the right body shape or something because just to even use a regular belt I still have to have it excessively tight in my opinion so as soon as it comes in, I bought an elastic webbing belt that’s real similar to the slide buckle as my Grip6 belt just to see if I can still have a belt pretty tight but something that’s going to actually move with my body when I go from standing up to sitting down or vice a versa. So with that said, I don’t really think there is a traditional belt out there that would do me any good for any case because I just simply have to have it too uncomfortably tight to do what it supposed to and is just too uncomfortable.

When winter time comes back around I can still wear either my kore essentials slide gun belt or maybe even my Volund gearworks gun belt with my dress jeans I wear casually because I won’t be sitting down all day long like when I’m at work sitting at this truck for upwards of 12 hours at a time. But when I’m at work, I’m afraid that my only choice to comfortably carry my pistol is in the pocket holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03868 seconds with 8 queries