View Single Post
Old January 2, 2020, 08:45 AM   #1
corneileous

Can’t find a comfortable carry solution for OWB carry.

First and foremost, I really like carrying my Springfield XDE 45 in my bare arms kydex OWB holster but carrying it comfortably has been a bit of a challenge.

Found out right away that both my Alien Gear and Crossbreed leather belts may work ok for IWB carry but they don’t work worth a flip for carrying a pistol in an OWB holster configuration whether it’s the gun/holster combination I’ve been wearing, or even with my beretta PX4 compact 9mm in a leather pancake holster so, after learning about proper gun belt stiffness, I bought one of those “G” hook nylon tactical belts from Volund Gearworks.

Awesome belt, this thing aces the droop test with flying colors but, I still have to cinch the thing down pretty tight in order to hold my pants up. I am a pretty big guy with a bit of a gut so, that might the majority of it. Plus, I’m a truck driver so, I do a lot of sitting. It seems like how tight the belt has to be in order to hold everything up while standing, is far too tight while sitting and by the end of the day, my gut’s kinda sore. Lol.

Am I just wearing the belt wrong, or what? I’m thinking about getting one of those Kore Essentials belts that have easy, on-the-fly adjustability with that click-track system they have so that when I get outta the truck, I can easily tighten it and when I get back in, I can easily loosen it.

Suggestions? Ideas? Help?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page generated in 0.02475 seconds with 8 queries