View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 07:37 AM   #23
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Well I just finish fitting the RRA National Match and I have to say it is very slick. I reckon it's breaking about 4 Lbs or maybe a tad more but the take up is pure silk and the break is like snapping a glass rod. Very pleased with it. Wondering what the reports of short life span are about? Is this trigger not case hardened?
The RRA two stage is surface hardened. I have seen the RRA have wear problems with the dis-connecter. One reason I like the ArmaLite two stage, extra thick disco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
Dfariswheel nailed it. I've slicked triggers on SA & DA revolvers, numerous auto pistols and about a dozen models of rifles over the last 35 years. The basic AR is one trigger I wont touch for the reasons he stated. Additionally, I'm not aware of an Armorer's School which does NOT recommend against it.
The surface hardening on AR FCG's is no different than other fire arms. Armorer's School teach maintenance, you well need a collage level gunsmithing class to learn trigger modification.

Anytime you remove much surface material from a contact surface of trigger/hammer sear you need to address rehardening. Research a product called "kasenit".

Page generated in 0.02647 seconds with 8 queries