View Single Post
Old January 12, 2000, 10:48 AM   #4
leedesert

The 6Z's as all surefires have a momentary on thumb switch on the back of the flashlight. To turn it on continuosely you just twist the rear section till it stays on. Kinda like the front of a mag light. The Sure Fires have a sealed light and lens assembly that cost about $10-$30 depending on model. I have used mine alot and dropped it alot and it hasn't burnt out yet. The important thing about a tactical light is that it focuses all the light in one specific area. This is why the light and lens is all one peice. This ensures that the optimal tuning of the lens beam is not altered. When you shine a Surefire on let's say a wall you see a solid circle of light with no hot spots or blank areas. Just a solid ball of light. When I mentioned feeling the heat I ment from about 10-15 feet away. Surefire also sells larger full size tactical lights used by police that will serve as a weapon but they are not cheap. My 6Z is small but they have one that is a full size terror (12Z). Most of their lights use Lithium baterries. Lithiums have long life and extened burn out time. When they start to die it fades (dims) gradually. This gives you time to get new batteries. Alkaline or NiCad will fade rapidly once they start dieing. By the time you realize it's getting dim you may have a few minutes left. Not good when you are depending on your light. http://uws.com/tactical_lights.html

Take care and good luck in you choice.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

[This message has been edited by leedesert (edited January 12, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 8 queries