View Single Post
Old September 14, 2017, 06:03 AM   #33
Don Fischer

250 meter's target's with a 32 long? Wow! I have a mod 16 Smith in 32 long and if I had to get rid of all my handguns but one the one I'd keep would be the 32 long. I'm not a big time handgun shooter and other than self defense prefer DA revolver's. I do have a 22 auto, a High standard HD Military I love and it can shoot right alongside my 32 long. But ir require's factory ammo, my 32 shoot's my cast bullet's very well. Come to think of it, I have never fired a factory round from it.

But I doubt we'll ever see it get popular again. Shoot, a lot of people believe they need a 40 cal min for everything. I read of the use of people's pistol for pretty much self defense only, that would include self defense from a bear while your hunting sage rat's! Throw down the rifle and get out your 44 mag! That always tickles me!

My son has several handguns mostly semi auto for self defense. started with 357 MAG and has never fired a 38 in it and never a cast. Then needed an auto for carry so got a Glock in 9mm. That wore out fast enough and he just had to have a new Glock in 40 cal. That's about run the course now and he's looking for a 50 cal I think it is? It's really funny watching these things develop. I think the thing that does this is advertising! If the firearms industry told us the 32 had some kind of magic that would take Godzilla out with one shot, people would rush out to get it! Then when Godzilla attacked, they would throw down their 460 Weatherby and pull out their 32 long! I'm sorry, I find so much of this stuff amusing!

Page generated in 0.03406 seconds with 8 queries