View Single Post
Old December 29, 2009, 11:32 AM   #60
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipitas
You do know that they are an anti-gun organization, yes?
Sure I do. So what? The issue we are discussing is not the private ownership of guns but the militia.

Quote:
Tennessee, why should I hold the ADL as an expert on Militias?
Because if you read what they wrote rather than dismissing them out of hand you will see the authors went to pretty good effort to list their sources and do not address (and make a clear note of it) the issue of the individual RTKBA. Maybe they are opposed to gun ownership but that does not make their inquiry into the historical research about the militia any more biased than say...yours.

Quote:
Using the ADL as an authority on 2A matters, is similar to using the ACLU for the same, and only slightly less smelly than using the Brady Campaign as your "expert."
Would using John Ross's Unintended Consequences be less biased?:barf:

Al, please, you are above broad brushing and I challenge you to debate their facts as presented not their reptutation within the gun world.

Intelligent debate looks for truth whereever it is found, ideologues only look where it suits their arguments.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; December 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries