View Single Post
Old May 2, 2019, 09:29 AM   #16
Wag

Another +1 on doing what works for you. Which also means, do it the same way every time. And that means if the gun doesn't fit your hand, change the grips so that it DOES fit your hand. Or else change to a different gun that fits your hand.

I grew up shooting bench rest with the pad of my finger on the trigger and that worked very well. But when I started shooting more combat style tactical, it no longer worked very well and I had to learn to shoot with the finger buried into the crease of the first knuckle. That made it possible to get the "right" finger placement very quickly and easily.

That means, of course, that depending on how or why I'm shooting, I may have to switch back and forth which causes it's own set of problems but far less trouble and using a technique that doesn't work in a particular situation. Over time, though, the switch is less and less of a problem and "warming up" makes the variances dissipate fairly quickly nowadays when I switch from one to the other.

--Wag--

Page generated in 0.03430 seconds with 8 queries