View Single Post
Old February 10, 2014, 02:14 PM   #46
Fishing_Cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj
My point was that there was so much difference between the Los Angeles and New York data that I don't think the data is applicable outside of, well, LA and NY. If similar police shooting data was gathered from Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, and Miami, would it look like NY, or like LA, or would each city be unique? my guess is each city would be unique, and there would probably be variations from year to year in the same city.

I tend to think that we can draw no real conclusion from this data regarding armed citizen self defense shootings.
I tend to agree that there is no real conclusion from the data, as presented. If one did gather the needed data from the major cities, it would more than likely only be comparable to similar sized cities. More rural areas with only a few deputies or a small town with 1-3 officers would not fit the same mold as compared to a larger city, since the actions would be different considering they have a much smaller amount of manpower/resources, save for large active events when assisted by other nearby departments. Try to compare self defense incidents by non-LE as well, and the results would be even murkier.

Page generated in 0.01939 seconds with 8 queries