View Single Post
Old April 8, 2019, 10:14 AM   #13
dogtown tom

Quote:
MagnumWill
Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely not.
A firearm serial number has absolutely nothing to do with whether a firearm is a handgun/rifle/shotgun/silencer/etc
That is extraordinary false.
Okay, show us in Federal law or ATF regulations where a firearms serial number indicates whether its a pistol/shotgun/rifle/etc.

I'll save you the embarrassement…...it doesn't appear. In fact, some firearms are not required to have serial numbers.

Quote:
Go buy a standard Mossberg 500 and if you throw a Shockwave barrel/grip on it doesn't suddenly make it a Shockwave. It makes it a prison sentence....
But that wasn't your claim was it?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
it may subsequently be reconfigured as a rifle or other firearm and later be configured back to pistol.
Also alarmingly false. Someone who obviously never heard the term "once a rifle, always a rifle" yet decides to post in the NFA forum...
This is why you should never post about firearms law ever, ever again. Despite me posting a link to ATF Ruling 2011-4 above, you still post nonsense…...and that nonsense became nonsense almost EIGHT YEARS AGO!

Quote:
Is it lunacy? OF COURSE. It is the law? Yes, unfortunately.
You wouldn't know the law if someone posted a link to it.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries