View Single Post
Old February 27, 2015, 07:44 PM   #3
TunnelRat

A feature that it also has taken from the Glock (which the M&P lacks) is an easy way to visually tell if the striker is cocked. Once the striker is released the trigger will remain at the rear. This can serve as cocked indicator. With the M&P the trigger returns to the full forward position. Personally I like seeing if the striker is cocked having come from hammer fired guns.

Trigger at rest when cocked:

Trigger after the striker is released:

The pistol also features a loaded chamber indicator that is tactile when it protrudes from the slide and visual in the red indicator that is seen when it protrudes. I know a lot of folks don't care one way or the other about loaded chamber indicators, but it's here if you want it and it doesn't seem to impeded function in any way.

Red dot when chamber is loaded:

Protrusion from slide when chamber is loaded:

FN has mentioned how both the slide and the frame have minor cosmetic differences for the Compact model. One I noticed is that the rather large and prominent magazine release of both the FNX/FNS has been lowered in profile slightly to prevent the magazine from being released accidentally when carrying against the body (it as an ambidextrous magazine release and slide release as well). I find it still plenty large enough for actuation.

Lowered magazine release for carry:
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; February 27, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.02294 seconds with 8 queries