View Single Post
Old December 23, 2013, 02:15 AM   #15
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob62
At least give the Tactical Innovations Quest model suppressor a look.
I noticed from your link that the Quest is a K-baffle design with Dater holes. That baffle design is quiet, but Dater holes tend to trap lead fouling between the baffles and the tube, essentially lead-welding the baffles in place. That makes the suppressor very hard to take apart when dirty. The AAC Element and Element 2 have the same design and they require a screw-type tool to push the baffles out of the tube for disassembly after it's dirty. How difficult is it to remove the baffles from your Quest when it's leaded up?

The Sparrow and Spectre II are two of the quietest .22 cans on the market; I'd be very surprised if the Quest is as quiet as they are. They also can both be fully disassembled without tools even when leaded up, whereas the Quest needs a tool to remove the endcap. They're also both rated up to 5.7mm, whereas the Quest is rated only up to .22 LR according to their website.

I'm not saying the Quest is a bad suppressor by any means, but the Sparrow and Spectre are two of the newest and best .22 cans on the market from the most innovative suppressor company out there.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries