View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 07:54 AM   #53
Real Gun

Quote:
Flysubcompact - Something commonly available and tried and true
You canot buy most of the powders mentioned except in one pound containers when lucky. Since that is not enough to justify mail order and a HAZMAT fee, you should use whatever you can find locally for which you can find a load published by the powder manufacturer. Worry about the credibility of I-read-it-on-the-internet later.

Powders that are popular, very applicable to 9mm, often hopelessly backordered; are Unique, W231/HP38, Power Pistol, Bullseye, Accurate #5, HS-6, Universal, and Titegroup. Sleepers to consider and possibly more accessible are Green Dot and Accurate #7. There are several others with loads listed in the Lee book.

I am working off a two year old stash of 8 pounds of Power Pistol, but one that gave excellent results is Titegroup, which I will buy again when the opportunity arises. Any of the hard-to-get powders I listed would be worth grabbing, if I ever saw them in larger than one pound containers on line. I would buy a one pounder in a store, if it was a powder I hadn't tried before.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries