View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 10:44 AM   #29
Bill Akins

Quote:
Kozak 6 wrote:
The whole gas seal thing seems complicated and unnecessary if it's going to be fired from a tripod. If you just put some spade grips on it, all of your body parts would be out of the way and it would save a ton of machine time.
Good point Kozak. If I were only concerned about it spitting lead and burnt powder at the cylinder to barrel gap. But I was also thinking about sealing it as best as possible to maximize the rearward thrust against the cylinder (if a revolver) or the harmonica block, to give maximum thrust to the rear.

Quote:
Kozak 6 wrote:
Does the harmonica really need to feed horizontally? If it moved vertically, gravity would help, although you'd need Bren style offset sights.
It's possible to feed the harmonica block vertically instead of horizontally and with the aid of gravity would even be easier. But unless one's tripod was a very high anti-aircraft tripod, which would not be in the Victorian timeline of this fictional but viable design (unless one were shooting at civil war balloons), a long 50 or 100 round vertically fed harmonica block would likely strike the ground before it finished feeding.

Quote:
Kozak 6 wrote:
I've had some similar thoughts about an automatic harmonica gun. What I've been thinking about is a scaled down version using bb's and those plastic strips of 209 primers.
I'd like to see that Kozak. Sounds interesting.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries