View Single Post
Old November 3, 2007, 09:57 AM   #2
buck460XVR

scouting and experience are key with any stand placement whether on the ground or in a tree. Areas that worked well for you on the ground should also work well in a tree stand......only exception would be areas of smaller trees where visibility is better on the ground. One mistake many make is getting too high in the tree. In heavily wooded areas this can actually cut down on visibility, and getting high up in a tree can make the angle of your shot trickier than standing on the ground since you can only see a deer right under your tree. When hunting heavily wooded areas, I tend to stay as low as possible in a tree stand to keep my shot angles relatively flat and to keep my sight line below the umbrella of foliage. On sidehills one must realize that you will be putting yourself directly in the line of sight for deer on the uphill side.......so minimal movement is critical.

As far as a quick and easy way to find the best stand placement.......other than luck, I don't think there are any. Like anything, you gotta put in your time.

Page generated in 0.03560 seconds with 8 queries