View Single Post
Old February 17, 2021, 12:34 AM   #19
Alan0354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolay View Post
I wanted to buy a P380 last year. I like Kahr's faux-DAO triggers, but the guy at the gun store warned me that the slide was very hard to rack. He wasn't kidding, and I ended up passing on the gun. Something to think about if you're older and have declining hand strength.
That's what I suspect, the smaller and lighter the gun, they need a stronger recoil spring to compensate. That makes it a lot more critical to get everything just right. That's why some people swear by it, some keep having problem with feeding and ejection. Bottom line, there's no free lunch, you just cannot have reliability, small and light in the same semi. From my understanding, Ruger LC380 has the same grip frame as LC9, just change the slide and barrel assembly of the 380 to 9mm, it becomes LC9. But look at the youtube, there are so many feeding issue with LC9 but very few with LC380. Must be the LC9 kit has stronger recoil spring to compensate for the more powerful 9mm.

I am more incline to look at Ruger LC380 for 380ACP or S&W M&P Shield for 9mm. I don't want to push too small the size. I want reliability.

In fact, I definitely notice the slide on my Glock 26 is a lot harder to rack than my full size S&W659. Glock 26 has a shorter slide thereby lighter, it has to have a stiffer spring to compensate. This means there is higher probability of failure with weaker reloads. I have to try and see what happens. I hope it's ok.

Last edited by Alan0354; February 17, 2021 at 12:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.04133 seconds with 8 queries