View Single Post
Old June 10, 2019, 01:47 PM   #84
TunnelRat

Before on this forum we've discussed how the percentage of the population that has additional training, whether firearms or edged weapons, is relatively low. If the argument is displaying the knife before you plan to use it is a tactical misstep, I don't disagree. My point would be not every criminal is tactically sound. There are videos of criminals trying to rob people with contact weapons behind counters where they can't even reach. Not every criminal is particularly intelligent. While there is certainly a danger in underestimating your opponent, there is also a danger in overestimating your opponent.

Knife usage in robberies has gone down from the charts displayed. Why? Idk. If the argument is because in the past decade criminals as a whole have come to the conclusion that displaying a knife is unwise then while possible I don't see the evidence showing that the tactical skills of criminals have increased. It's possible, but there are other possibilities. These two charts don't have the exact same breakdowns for weapon type. If we combine the firearms categories in one against the one that only has firearms in it, it would appear usage of firearms in robberies has gone up. Maybe criminals have more access to firearms and are using them more in place of knives? Seems as likely.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03064 seconds with 8 queries