View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 04:34 AM   #30
Justice06RR

Quote:
Question 1: I see most people using carbine length barrels these days for AR builds - hardly ever see any 20" barrels. Why is this? Is there any real advantage gained by using a 20" barrel. I figured I could gain a little more range with the longer barrel.
Most builds are catered for personal use, range, and maybe 2-gun/3-gun. The lesser weight and shorter barrel makes for a more portable and easier to wield AR15 which is why most people building them use a 16-inch barrel. They are also cheaper for obvious reasons.

Of course the 20-inch barrel will give you higher bullet velocity, and better cycling with a rifle gas system.

Quote:
I was actually considering the Magpul UBR or PRS - so far, that's all I can come up with. If I understand correctly, the Magpul URB can't be to adjust along the buffer tube, just with the fine adjustments? Are these Magpul stocks really worth the price, or is there something truly as good for less money?
IMO the Magpul stocks are truly excellent products, (same goes for their other accesories). I would vote for the UBR stock to balance your rifle. My roomate has it on one of his AR's and it does feel heavy for stock on a 16inch M4, so it should balance the 20-inch rifle just fine. The solid cheek-wield is also a big plus, if you don't require fine adjustments like the PRS.

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries