View Single Post
Old September 14, 2012, 08:52 PM   #14
tahunua001

reloading is very complicated and very easy to mess up if you do not know what you are doing. there literally over 1000 different kinds of gun powder out there and certain calibers are misnomers, IE 303 brit is actually a 310 caliber bullet and even though you have 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 are both 7.62s one is 311 diameter and one is 308 diameter.

you have to heavily study every caliber you plan on loading before you buy the components and read a number of manuals and then you actually have to expiriment with different formulas to find which ones function best in your gun.

I recommend that if you start reloading it is best to have a friend that reloads walk you though the process a few times so that you get a good idea of what exactly you are getting into.

of course there are other things to worry about like casing wear/barss stretching, over crimping and a dozen other things that can go wrong so unless you are highly committed and have someone that can show you the ropes then I recommend against reloading...which sucks for weatherby shooters because at the best of times you are costing yourself $2 every time you squeeze the trigger.

Page generated in 0.03702 seconds with 8 queries