View Single Post
Old August 9, 2002, 12:36 AM   #35

I have a repo Walker.
Now that, is a lotta gun.
Interesting to read about the potential problems with these repos. I seriously doubt that I will ever shoot mine enough to encounter them though. I probably take mine out once or twice a year each. I only do it when I have planned it ahead of time and have a full day to devote to shooting and cleaning. Afterwards I always tell myself that I shouldn't wait so long to shoot them again, it isn't really that bad.
On my repo Colt 1860 Army, the little screw just above the barrel wedge works it way out every time I shoot it. The last time, it fell out on the ground and I didn't realize it. As I shot, the barrel wedge started working it's way out. One of my shooting buddies had the same problem. So, when I ordered a new screw, I had them send me four.
Of course the ultimate black powder revolver is the Ruger Old Army, but it is not a repo and has no historical significance. I owned one years ago. In fact, it was the first pistol I ever bought myself. I was like 18 or 19 years old and wasn't old enough to purchase a modern handgun, so I bought the Old Army. I sold it because I couldn't get the sight elevation low enough. I certainly would like to have another one though. Having a BP revolver with adjustable sights is really nice, although I guess you could put that in the same catagory as in-line ML rifles.

Page generated in 0.03731 seconds with 8 queries