View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 12:44 PM   #21
tahunua001

Quote:
i think i would pick one up just for a fun little project....that is if they figure out how to get a bent bolt and a scope on the bugger. they are taking pre-orders this friday....think ill wait on the 200$ stock until they have all the t's crossed. my project was going to be "the poor mans sniper rifle" then i started thinking about the cost. $100 for a mosin (but ill find one with a nasty stock and try to get a bargain), ill bend the bolt myself, 200$ for the stock, 25$ for a 10 round mag, 90$ for a Timney trigger, found a cool no drill no tap mount for 75$ that is on its way already, and ill put a 200$ 4X12 Nikon Prostaf on it probably. coming to a grand total of: $690.....so much for the "poor man sniper rifle" but what the heck! ill have the ugliest Mosin ever!
I tried the same thing you did pretty much. the thing is a POS and I didn't worry myself with nodrill type stuff so it's nice and mangled but yeah... for the price of the mosin I could have bought a weatherby vanguard and my 300 WBY mag vanguard already has a 4-12 prostaff on it... great elk gun
it's cool to build yourself something that not a lot of people have and it does add a certain satisfaction seeing what all your hard work brings but odds are it will probably never be as good as a quality, factory new rifle.

my stock 91/30 gets a lot more trigger time and even without a scope seems to hit stuff easier at range.

Page generated in 0.04612 seconds with 8 queries