View Single Post
Old January 12, 2012, 10:36 AM   #7
a1abdj

Quote:
Interesting about the Cobalt. I'll take another look at Hayman and Amsec. I also looked at the Gardall B1515, but it looked to have the same features as the Cobalt, yet cost $100 more.
I don't know if you have any safe and vault companies near you, but you may also be able to find a used commercial B rate safe. These are very common, although most of them are of the depository variety.

You do have to make sure you're not buying a low grade safe that was used commercially, as it may cause you all sorts of problems. A well built safe will last almost forever.

The reason the Gardall has the same features as the Cobalt is that they are both the same safe. The safe is a Korean unit made by Eagle. This is a perfect example of paying a premium or saving some money due to the name painted on the door.

A good example of this is a local restaurant that opened about 5 years ago. When they approached me, they were very specific about wanting the least expensive B rate depository safe that met their size requirements. Since then, they have paid me more to work on the safe than they paid for the safe itself. Had they spent twice the money then, they would have never seen me since. Granted, they would have the same amount of money invested, but they wouldnt' have had all of the headaches.

Page generated in 0.03820 seconds with 8 queries