View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 02:42 AM   #21
dakota.potts

Thanks for all the responses.

Seems .17 is nowhere near as affordable as I thought -- rifle or ammo!

My 18th birthday is in August and I'm really pushing for an AR from the folks However, I'll then be able to save up the money and buy a rifle myself so it would likely happen some time after that.

Really coming down close between the 10/22 and the CZ. I am a CZ guy. I love my CZ 75 and the CZ 20 gauge semi automatic is the only shotgun I have ever held that felt good to me (I have a small wingspan, as it were). The 10/22 is my little brother's so I couldn't modify it.

I guess some will depend on money. I think shooting the CZ (being bolt action) might help me save money because I won't be tempted to dump ammo

Anybody got any experiences between these two? I've seen remarkable accuracy out of both (Just saw a guy hit a bullet trap at 400 yards with a 10/22) so I know I'm good on that front. 10/22 is modular but I'll hopefully have an AR 15 at some point or another for both semi auto and modular.

EDIT: As I'm left eye dominant I shoot long guns left handed. I shoot our R700 left handed (but the kick is huge for me haha). Is there any reason to get a left handed bolt gun? The only problem I've ever noticed with a semi auto is a couple .22 shells hitting my arm. I realize it adjusts your point of aim between shots to have to switch hands but I'm not (yet anyways) going for speed shooting

Page generated in 0.04657 seconds with 8 queries