View Single Post
Old August 23, 2018, 01:25 PM   #2
LineStretcher

It's all about field of view at min and max magnification. I've been hunting all my life and have rifles that can ethically kill large game at 400 yards. Typically I like a 3x18 50 with side focus. Good glass for hunting isn't cheap so most hunters that hunt once a year cant justify spending that kind of money. They typically go with a less expensive scope and lower magnification. They will defend their choice to no end and in many respects, rightfully so.

Think about it, is a 4x14 any better than a 3x18? No, as long as the field of view is equal at 4 and 14, they're basically the same.

Of course theres always the jealous defense that kicks in. Dont dare miss a shot after you've bragged about your 5000.00 gun at the campfire and the guy that gets a nice buck with his old worn out 30-30 with iron sights. He will most certainly make mention how the price of the gun doesn't make you a good hunter. Very true but a good hunter knows the real value of a top quality rifle and optics and knows the difference between a lucky shot and a skilled shot.

Last edited by LineStretcher; August 23, 2018 at 01:32 PM.

Page generated in 0.02200 seconds with 8 queries