View Single Post
Old February 1, 2019, 09:12 PM   #12
jmr40

The VX-1 and VX-2 have been discontinued and replaced by the VX Freedom. I have no personal experience with the new scope, but it splits the difference price wise and is reportedly about the same quality as the older VX-2. They claim price is reduced because they offer far fewer variants and it simplifies production. Based completely on reputation and past experience with Leupold I don't think it would be a bad choice in the $250 range.

Priced right at or slightly under $200 the Burris FF-II is my favorite sub-$400 scope. To be honest at $200 I like it better than the $300 VX-2.

If you can go $400-$500 the Leupold VX3i or Meopta scopes would be where I'd put my money. With Meopta at about $500 the 1st choice.

The $400ish Nikons are good scopes too. For that matter pretty much all scopes with similar prices are of about the same quality. I just comes down to which features are more important to you.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries