View Single Post
Old February 28, 2020, 09:59 AM   #18
rodfac

Glad you sorted it out....I've got a cpl thoughts on "Cant". For me, the amount of cant varies on where I'm carrying. Generally, I wear my holsters (OWB), at the 3:00 to 4:00 position.

At 3:00, virtually no cant is necessary to get a good, solid "firing grip" on the gun, as the angle of the grip to the barrel axis takes care of it, allowing a natural forearm to wrist angle. Hard to explain in print but easy to feel if it's wrong.

As I move the holster to the 4:00 position, additional cant built into the holster is necessary to allow a good grip on the gun while it's still holstered. Classes I've taken have stressed this point...get a firing grip on the gun while it's still in the holster as you don't want to be fumbling with it during the draw/presentation movement.

HTH's Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend what it stands for in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Freedoms are not free, they've been paid for many times over by heros in uniform. We owe them and our children, the best that we can do.

USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, An Loc, lll Corps, RVN, 69-70, Vietnam Vet '69-'73

Page generated in 0.02794 seconds with 8 queries