View Single Post
Old January 16, 2020, 04:11 PM   #5
ms6852

I do not think so. But I love the question. My reason for the answer has no sound scientific background or a physics background but what I consider to be for me common sense.

As Lohman446 stated "stopping power" is an ill defined term and miss used throughout the shooting sports world, because as we know that a 22lr can cause fatal wounds as well as a .45 caliber. Been all equal with barrel length, mass and powder except diameter the two rounds could be matched ballistically in velocity and muzzle energy but the density of the larger diameter bullet will never be equal to that of the smaller caliber round. The smaller caliber will be longer to account for the weight required to match the larger caliber, but will be lacking the hydrostatic shock the larger caliber round has. It's like shooting an arrow. Will the arrow kill the deer yes it will, can both rounds kill the deer as you described yes, but which will do it more efficient provided all is equal like shot placement. I believe the larger caliber will be more efficient.

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries