View Single Post
Old October 12, 2019, 10:20 AM   #7
cslinger

What sucks is this is the crux of “bad laws” if you will and where intent really should play into it in a perfect world.

As a law abiding gun owner is see no problem with with the accessibility of most any arms to any other law abiding citizen. (Ok I am not sure I want the average idjit juggling hand grenades but I digress).

That said IF this person was INTENTIONALLY AND KNOWINGLY providing arms to criminals / violent individuals I WANT HIM PUT AWAY!! There is a difference between joe good guy making a few losers for his good guy friends for the fun of it vs this as far as intent. I NEVER want to see Joe Good guy get railroaded but I want to see the bad guys get put away.

This is why I think there needs to be an overhaul of these types of laws that focuses far less on the object and far more on the use/intent/etc. (I know a very simplistic thought).

Point is there is a difference between some good old boy making himself a suppressor or SBR for giggles vs the same guy doing so and getting caught headed into the local 7/11 with a ski mask on.

Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 8 queries