View Single Post
Old January 21, 2017, 02:42 PM   #76
MarkCO

The Hudson Manufacturing 9mm was pretty cool, and I really want to try it out on the range now that I understand what it is; 34 ounce, steel framed, striker fired, 1911 trigger, option manual safety, low bore axis, 1911 grip angle. Thinner and lighter slide than 1911s.

So the bore axis IS lower than 1911s, but it does have a straight back 1911 trigger bow. The large box in front of the trigger under the slide...that is where the take-down pin, locking lugs and recoil assembly live. That is what allowed them to keep the bore low like on polymer striker fired guns while also having 1911 style lock-up and trigger. It is pretty ingenious. Also has a pic rail and a cut-out intended for switches of lights and lasers...which several manufacturers have looked at and are adapting products to utilize.

MSRP is $1150, ships with 3 15 round magazines. Small company, but well run, so I am guessing getting one is going to be a bit rough as they scale up.

If you don't understand low bore axis, well, I can't help you with that. For those who want to shoot at very high speed while maintaining accuracy, this pistol does it really well.

I almost ignorantly posted in this thread before I went to SHOT and figured out what it was. Glad I did not make that mistake.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries