View Single Post
Old May 16, 2010, 06:00 PM   #16
bedbugbilly

Not that my opinion is worth anything . . . cause it isn't. My vote though, is to take the loading lever off. Obviously, it looks good with and wothout . . . but . . . . think about if this had been a conversion done to the pistol, say, in 1880. The loading lever is no longer functional so it really doesn't serve a purpose. If I was a cowpoke that was going to carry this, I think I'd like the fact that it was more streamlined without the lever and in my mind (whether it was true or not), I'd probably be thinking that with a new holster contoured for the new shape without the loading lever, it would "clear" leather faster when I needed it. After all, now that it's converted to those new fangled self contained cartridges, it will never be re-converted back to cap and ball. Just my 2 cents worth which ain't worth the copper it took to strike 'em! Either way . . . . you've got one fine looking revolver! I hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02757 seconds with 8 queries