View Single Post
Old March 2, 2018, 03:19 PM   #17
RC20

Frankly I don't see most of the points let alone anything that changes things.

I can talk to you all day long about Switchgear, what an open transition vs closed transition and the issues with emergency ATS transfer is. A
non electrical type (or even one that pulls wires for a living) your eyes simply glaze over as its not anything you remotely have contact (that's an electrical pun) with.

Non gun owners don't see your nuance, many gun owners do not as well. What they do see is a black nasty purposely designed gun that was military. Show them a bolt action gun in a wooden stock and its vastly less.

And the bump stock aspect has just proven it, yep, they are auto after all. If it quack like a duck, flies like a duck, has duck webbed feet and duck DNA they no one cares if your species differentiation assessment says its not a duck.

Yes AR types are sued for Varmint hunting, some are also used for other kinds of hunting.

People don't see that. AS I noted, the place where the public at large sees them is at these larger group shootings.

There is a reason for the Term Tacti Cool and why they are popular.

I do take serous umbrage with you telling me to open my eyes. I have been working form 55 years, I started at a very young age.

The scariest groups at the range are AR owners and Pistol owners.

I took a friend pistol shooting several times. Her first comment was, those people are not handling the guns the way you said they should.

I told her, its like the world you work in, some are very capable, most are somewhere in between and at the other end of the bell curve, they are dangerous to themselves and their community.

I took another friend shooting, gun owner. He looks at all the ARs and he could not fathom why they had them. He is as died in the wool conservative as you will ever meet. That is your typical gun owner. Serious about 2nd amendment, been around guns all his life, uses them, and he sees them as a tool, not some Tactic Cool thing to take to the range to blast off copious amount of ammo at targets 25 yards way they can't hit.

They often try to put them out at 10 yards, the range had to make it 25 mandatory minimum.

When I grew up, you were not allowed to handle a gun until you proved your competence at it under supervised conditions. I had mine taken away at one point for violating the safety rules.

Now, anyone walks into a store, never seen a gun, pick it up and can do anything with it.

I have always wondered what the Constitution writers would have done if they had known where it was going?

Their world was one where you had to know a lot and learn a whole manual of loading to even fire a gun.

Page generated in 0.02687 seconds with 8 queries