View Single Post
Old October 22, 2017, 12:10 AM   #12
SonOfScubaDiver

I haven't been shooting or all that long, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. I hope I explain this in a way that makes sense.

When I got into shooting, it was with two 40 cal guns my father left me when he passed away. As you may or may not know, 40 is known for being snappy. Well, I had a lot of trouble with it, and I was constantly having to readjust my grip. What I realized that I was doing was gripping the gun too tightly and I was trying to overcome the muzzle rize of the gun. I had to learn how to maintain my grip on the gun while allowing the gun to rise up. The only way I can explain it is to say I was trying too hard to work against the recoil rather than with the recoil. There's almost like a predictable rhythm to it that I was fighting rather than allowing to happen. Once I figured that out, my shooting got much better, I stopped having issues with constantly readjusting my grip, and was finally able to shoot in rapid succession. So, maybe what you are doing is working too hard against the natural recoil of your gun rather than flowing with it. I don't know if this will help or even makes any sense, but I hope it helps.

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 8 queries