View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 01:33 PM   #5
spacecoast

Quote:
you should have been given the option of accepting the 10 lowest scoring hits or shooting the targets over.
Flyfish... the guys who were there know the rule book well and claimed that if I elected to shoot over, I would have to accept the lower of the two scores (which in itself makes no sense). I will check it out and talk to them about it. It's hard to say what would have happened had I done that, but had I only made 798 or 799 I probably would have felt a bit more bruised about it.

Quote:
Have you considered starting of the road to your Distinguished Pistol badge?
Thanks, I did the NRA "league" thing last year for a prescribed number of weeks and made Sharpshooter status. How does the DP program differ from that?

Quote:
Congrats. It's great to hear you're doing so well. And with a revolver, too. Gives me warm fuzzies.
Thanks, I actually thought I could get to 800 a year or so ago, but could never put it all together in a single match. When I would shoot well in Slow Fire, I would fall apart in Timed/Rapid Fire or vice versa. I am resisting the temptation to go to a red dot because I still see OK and I think the iron sights impose more demands on my skills. And... because I am just plain stubborn. My immediate goal is 810, theoretically I could have done it several times already... theoretically.

Last edited by spacecoast; December 7, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries