View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 11:17 PM   #37
USMCGrunt

I went with the USP-45. I also own a host of .45 Autos to include a Glock 21, M&P45, a German Sig P220, 1911s, P90, a 24/7 OSS, EAA Witness and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting but still the USP-45 comes out on top. I did wind up converting it over to the tactical model and the match trigger and O-ring barrel really improves the pistol even more. A big reason in addition to the excellent accuracy and utter reliability I prefer the USP is that it's made for cold weather shooting. A glove that is warm enough to withstand sub-zero weather for extended periods of time doesn't work well with the smaller trigger guards of other designs like the 1911, Glock and others. However, the cavern of a trigger guard on the USP, especially when carried cocked and locked is large enough for the heaviest glove without any problems.
As far as the rails, remember that H&K was the pioneer when it comes to putting a light rail on a handgun. The Picatinny rail didn't even exist when the USP came into being so I don't fault H&K for the rail design. Yeah, they could have upgraded it but I'm going to bet that new moulds aren't cheap to produce.

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries