View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 10:32 PM   #19
dogtown tom

Quote:
hAkron .... Say I have my C&R ffl and I have friends who also collect but don't have a C&R FFL, is it illegal or a straw purchase, or 'acting as a dealer' if I typically buy (sight unseen, via the Internet) 2 or more examples of a gun to take advantage of volume pricing (but low volume...2 or 3, not 20 or 30) with the intention of selling the worse of the two guns to a friend for no profit? I'm not buying it specifically for them, I'm buying two guns for me with the intention of dumping the less desirable one at cost.
If you use your C&R to acquire firearms for others you violate Federal law. The 03FFL is for YOUR collection....not for enhancing your friends collection.

Those who use their C&R to take advantage of volume "discounts" are skating on thin ice. Buying a dozen, selling eleven and keeping one may be "collecting" in your mind but sure as heck looks like dealing to others.

As long as ATF doesn't check your books (or the books of the dealer who sold you those dozen guns) you'll likely never have a problem.

If you are caught your attorney fees will eclipse the few dollars you saved on that quantity discount.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02871 seconds with 8 queries