View Single Post
Old August 6, 2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Sevens

Quote:
I recently reloaded some 9mm ammunition using 147g FP lead bullets and 3.2g of Bullseye. Went out to the range today and got good results-some real nice groups.
Good results, some real nice groups. But... not good enough?
If it were me, I'd have to ask myself what I'm trying to accomplish before I go further.

And if I thought there was room for improvement, I might go further, but by no more than .3 grains at a time. And I wouldn't be churning out 50 rounds of this stuff, either, I'd make 10 rounds and no more, and I'd be inspecting the brass after each individual shot for any signs of excess pressure.

Loader9 is right on-- Bullseye shows a quick rise in pressure in small amounts. I personally found that 4.9 grains of Bullseye (listed as a Max load according to Alliant) behind either a FMJ or LRN 125 grain bullet was too hot and put a slight bulge in the brass. I backed it off to 4.6 grains and it works much better with no case bulging.

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries