Thread: sellers beware!
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Stagger Lee

My sympathies.

Just had a guy at my gun club offering to sell 20,000 rounds of surplus 8mm ammo via a number of flyers that he'd posted around the club. (Yes--twenty thousand.) He said that he wanted it gone before he moves across the country in the fall and his only requirement was that people buy in lots of 500 rounds.

His price: 0.10 per round.

I called him and told him that I'd take some. We arranged for me to go to his house to see it and take some. He kept asking me over and over how much of it I wanted to buy, and I finally told him that if it was in good shape, I'd take it all.

He sounded somewhat surprised and said "That's $2,000."

I said that yes, and that if I liked the ammo, I'd give him a cash deposit for it then get the rest of the funds any way he wanted them.

We had a set time to meet at his house, but the morning of the meeting, he called me up and said that he decided not to sell it because a friend of his agreed to store it all for him.

It's obvious that after agreeing to the deal, he checked the current price for 8mm ammo and decided to back out, and the mysterious "friend" that's going to store it for him even though he's moving away forever was just a lie.

Flaky people indeed.

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 8 queries