View Single Post
Old December 10, 2004, 08:17 PM   #6
grunewaj

I only know of one person who claims to trim pistol brass. In my experience, they tend to be shorter than the max length anyway. I also never clean primer pockets - since I load on a progressive press and I don't have access to the primer pocket between decapping and setting the primer. I don't know anybody who messes with the primer pocket (except for possibly the guy who trims). Actually, that's not true, I deburred the flash holes and uniformed the primer pockets for a bunch of cases for loading the Army bullsey load (185 Nosler JHP, 4.1 gr of VV310, Federal match primers). I figure if I'm spending that much to make the bullet, I would go all out . I doubt it made any difference other than the blisters on my hand!

Normally I clean them and load them and that's all. They shoot pretty straight for me.

Good luck!
The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten, that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.

-- H. L. Mencken

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries