Thread: 870 differences
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2000, 01:18 PM   #1
old hawk

after going over my new 870 express mag i noticed some differences, 1st is the carrier is now slotted in a squared u shape and longer than the older ones were. on my old 870 it was short carrier and a homecut slot to push in the shell if it double fed.does the longer carrier and the slot on the new ones mean that old problem is cured finally?
the other thing i didnt like was the black matte stuff in the bore, and inner reciever that was making the action stiff as all get out so i cleaned that up and smoothed rails and flash thru-out removing the matte where needed carefully ,now its much smoother feeling almost like my older one but im sure shell get better with age as it were after some shooting.also on the bolt slide i didnt like the finish on the guides outer edges compared to the older ones as they were really rough edged and not finished proper,upon further inspection i also found a missing detent spring for the retaining pin on the trigger assembly.last off has anyone got any info at all on forcing cone lengthining? i can shoot 2 3\4 and 3 inch out of this but just wondering is this cone job really neccesary to do and why? this will be my main duck/deer/pheasant/turkey gun .about all i have to do now is shorten the stock an inch or so , but am wondering about that as its nylon and i havent pulled the pad yet,it was only on the shelf 2 days when i got it and couldnt get a choice in pull lengths.other than that i like it after the mods performed.

Page generated in 0.03066 seconds with 8 queries