Thread: Pen Gun . Oldy
View Single Post
Old January 13, 2011, 11:43 PM   #18
youngunz4life

SigP6Carry

Quote:
Even though some of those things can be valuable and it's upsetting to think that they were destroyed, I can see the merit in these trade-in programs. They generally take place in areas that concern high gun crime and theft. Those are weapons that are potentially used in crime, generally collected from people who would never report them stolen or missing due to their own having them being illegal. I don't agree with the specimens being destroyed, but I agree with the slightly degree of safety that they offer to the area by removing those certain weapons.

I don't outright agree with it, but I see it's merit. Sorry for running off course.
I can't argue with you there. The program is a good program in my opinion. I just hate to think of some antigunner turning in his GRANDPA'S WWII pengun! Of course thats speculation, but I can not get over that. I guess it was his choice and his reasons.

ALSO:

Quote:
The trouble is that a lot (some say the vast majority) of those guns don't come from potential criminals, but from widows and people who just don't want "that old gun" in the house. While many of those guns, like the general gun "population", are old and/or cheap (Iver Johnsons and H&R's turn up regularly), there are always Lugers, Mausers, Walthers, nice old Colts and S&W's and the like. Some of those are cherry picked by police officers, but many are simply destroyed by people who believe that any gun is a work of Satan and must be destroyed for the benefit of mankind.
just my thought jim. you took the words right out of my mouth

I honestly can't blame a cop for preserving history in some of these situations but thats another can of worms

Page generated in 0.02973 seconds with 8 queries