View Single Post
Old April 23, 2016, 10:33 AM   #46
F. Guffey

Quote:
Bill DeShivs

I'm learning that you guys WAY over-think case annealing.....

Quote:
James K
Staff

Posts: 22,852 I am not sure I understand how the case is kept from being over-annealed, or softened all the way down instead of just at the neck area where we normally anneal work hardened cases.

Jim

Quote:
1100 tac

Posts: 188 Yeah,,I like to do a lot of thinking when I'm dealing with 50kpsi...

Quote:
Mr. Guffey,
I know there was some info in that somewhere, probably about using a case way too often, but I couldn't decipher the point you were trying to get across.

If it was about using a case way too often, then I agree.
The brass migrates forward, becomes brittle and uneven, and won't hold its shape.
Thank you, all of the annealing threads on all forums can be superimposed on top of each other and end up with the same results.

Bill Deshivs suggested there could be some over ‘way’ over thinking going on. I suggest there are rules and I suggested factors should be considered

James K. expressed a concern; rules and factors would address his curiosity. I understand gigs of space have been used proclaiming the use of Template sticks, in the beginning it was not designed to be a habit.

James K. wants to know how heat can be directed to one area of the case and prevented from traveling to another. I made an annealing machine, my annealing machine addresses that issue.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02906 seconds with 8 queries