View Single Post
Old March 17, 2019, 05:34 PM   #22
AKexpat

I know you folks are fans of the Pietta .36 "Pepperbox" (which it is not as it has no barrels), but I think it is an answer to a question that should never have been asked.

How is it that long cylinder could not be overloaded beyond metal tolerances?

I have eight Pietta Navy .36 "type" pistols and because they are like the Legos of the replica BP revolver world. I have created a few .36 pistols that Pietta does not currently offer, and could easily create and have a market for, and have nearly all parts in stock or could create from their CNC software:

1851 Navy 2nd model

1851 Navy 3rd Model (currently produced)

Griswold and Gunnison (scarce at best)

Leech & Rigdon (steel frame with the smooth cylinder and the part-round barrel from the G&G)

Schneider & Glassick (smooth cylinder and octagonal barrel, brass frame)

Rigdon & Ansley (steel frame, part-round barrel and a 12-stop slot smooth cylinder, which would only take a bit more machining for the stop slots, as opposed to manufacturing the huge cylinder on the "pepperbox")

Augusta Machine Works with the 12-stop slot smooth cylinder

Columbus Firearms Manufacturing Company

If Pietta has almost all of these parts in inventory, why do they not know that there would be a demand for these guns and instead produce Frankenguns with no historical significance?

Your call, folks.

Regards,

Jim
To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Page generated in 0.03122 seconds with 8 queries