View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 11:29 PM   #120
dakota.potts

Let me just say, as a supporter of open carry who was on your side in the beginning, you've even lost my support in the argument.

It's full of logical fallacies, which works I suppose if you're going for the vivid emotional rhetoric anti-gunners like, but then the CC crowd has you beat there with all the stories of people who were killed for their guns that were then used to kill another innocent person.

Even as a proponent of OC, I recognize that that happens. I know that there are people who will follows cops into restrooms and stab them to death to get a nice gun.

I believe it is our second amendment right to open carry and I personally believe (call it superstition if not fact) that more crimes are stopped than caused by open carry. That doesn't mean I want to argue it past that it should be an individual determination rather than the state deciding we're not fit to make it.

I find the mods to have been reasonable if not a little unrelenting. If you can't hold up a challenge to people who live and breathe firearms, who carry all the time, and already know the effect of guns on crimes, how can you possibly expect to persuade someone who thinks guns are the devil and goes off twisted statistics that stupid Jim Bob is more liable to shoot himself and his family with his AR Machine Shotgun than save them? Who thinks we will never have a need to resist tyranny or even defend ourselves from foreign invasion and civil unrest? Who thinks the Bill of Rights is outdated and we should abolish it and write something new in its place?

Page generated in 0.02768 seconds with 8 queries