View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 08:41 AM   #34
shafter

Quote:
Nothing bugs me more than giving a small child something way more powerful than they can handle. I recall when I was small firing a very powerful 12 gauge load- put me off shotguns for years.
April 12, 2013 03:43 PM
I'm kinda on the fence about this. I remember as a young kid my shoulder being punished by my dads 12ga when we shot clay pigeons. I'd come home with a headache sometimes but I always ASKED to shoot it.

Same with hunting. People often say you shouldn't sent kids out into the woods with cheap hunting clothes. If they're wet and miserable they will be turned off from hunting. Let me tell you I SUFFERED on many occasions. I remember being soaked, so cold that I climbed out of my treestand to go lay in the field and soak up what little warmth I could get from the sun.

You know something? As much as I "suffered" I was always chomping at the bit to go back out that same afternoon. To me the cold and wet was all part of the experience. I can afford proper gear now but I have some fond memories to look back on.

Page generated in 0.02152 seconds with 8 queries