View Single Post
Old January 18, 2015, 08:46 PM   #13
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYS.
how do you get the quote where it states who made the quote?
You enter it manually.

To quote you as I just did, I followed the procedure outlined above: Highlight the text I wanted to quote and copied it to the pasteboard (CTRL-C); opened a reply window; placed cursor between the quote tags, and hit CTRL-V (paste).

THEN ... go back the the opening quote tag. Inside the brackets and after the word "quote" enter an equal sign followed by the name of the author you are quoting. My quote looks like this, except that here I used curly brackets to prevent it from coming in as an actual quote):

{QUOTE=JERRYS.}how do you get the quote where it states who made the quote? {/QUOTE}

Automatically quoting is a built-in function of the vBulletin software used by this forum. IIRC, the admins here disabled it years ago because people would auto-quote long posts when they were only responding to one paragraph or one sentence, and they wouldn't delete the unimportant parts. So the admins forced us to pay attention and not be sloppy when quoting. It's a bit tedious, but the reasoning is sound. Spend some time on forums that allow auto-quoting and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Page generated in 0.02219 seconds with 8 queries