View Single Post
Old September 21, 2006, 03:10 PM   #16
9mmMike

Virtually all of the 870's parts interchange within gauge. They are amazingly modular.

The 3" shells WILL chamber in a 2 3/4" gun. They wil NOT open all the way (not good) and will probably have trouble ejecting (after firing) without the 3" ejector.
As was already stated, the receivers (with the exception of the ejector) are the same in 2 3/4" & 3" guns. I have an early gun that has been converted with a new ejector.
I have two Express Magnums that came with the 20" rifle-sighted smooth-bore barrels.
There is no advantage, IMHO, in the Speedfeed stock. I prefer the Hogue "over-molded" myself (for a synthetic) but it is really a matter of what fits you best. Wood is prettier IMHO.
I have not seen a "Magnum" model. My "Magnums" are all Wingmasters or Express models. Remington has always been very free with the markings on their guns though and I've little doubt that there are some 870's out there that do not say Express or Wingmaster and just say Magnum.

Is it just me or does, "Try 870 magnum in google before you act like you know what your talking about." sound rude? Most likely I just misunderstood.
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Last edited by 9mmMike; September 21, 2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: not a 3 foot ejector!

Page generated in 0.02137 seconds with 8 queries