View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017, 03:35 AM   #8
FrankenMauser

Quote:
I might be able to leave them with my family who live in the state or else leave them at the new job (they have an FFL and storage so it might be an option) but before I looked into that I was curious if there were RV specific objects or ideas.
I'd like to offer suggestions, but I don't have much. The best I can suggest is something like a Hornady 'Rapid Safe' for whatever you feel you need the most. But the rest should be more secure.

At this point in my life, I've repaired several campers, helped neighbors with various issues in their trailers/motorhomes, and dismantled and recycled my own (aforementioned) motorhome.

They just aren't built to any standard that I consider secure enough.
Three examples of why campers/trailers/motorhomes suck:
1. When I dismantled my motorhome, I ripped the door frame out of the wall with my bare hands* - with the door shut (locked or not, it would have been the same).
2. Every trailer/camper/whatever that I have owned would have required, at the very most, about 30 seconds with an axe to make a hole big enough for an adult to get through a wall, if there had been no windows or doors for easier entry (fantasy).
3. The easiest way into my motorhome (the most secure of what I've owned): Break the window in the door, unlock the dead-bolt, and walk right in. 10 seconds, and it's a done-deal. (Quicker to go through the man-door than through one of the chassis doors in the van cab.)

*(Yes, I actually had good leather gloves on. But I was making a point.)

Page generated in 0.02386 seconds with 8 queries