View Single Post
Old August 19, 2005, 06:31 PM   #7
308LAW

Nosler makes an 85 grn Ballistic tip, medium powders like IMR 4895, IMR4064, or Reloader 19 will work, but I would try differnt powders to find one your rifle likes, same goes with bullet choice. Hornady makes a 75 and an 87 grn, Speer makes an 87grn TNT that would also work well. A few years ago I was working a load up for a friends Winchester .243 Varmit that we were taking to Colorado for a Prarie Dog hunt, his rifle was very picky and we ended up with the Speer TNT, and they performed just fine, I like Ballistic tips for Varmit but not all rifles will shoot them. As for bullet wieght stay on the light side of the caliber range for most varmits. If you are hunting coyotes the 100 and 115 grn ballistic tips would work as well as the lighter bullets but they are generally made for bigger game, get you a good loading manual from one or more of the major bullet manufactures or get on their website, some have data there. Good luck and if you decide to deer hunt with your 25-06 use a 115 partition and never look back.

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries