View Single Post
Old June 7, 2019, 02:33 PM   #30
5whiskey

Quote:
It does seem odd to me that grown men communicate in this medium. Why does a question about NRA strategy need to be addressed in mere moments?The short and instant response traps momentary errors in amber (just metaphorically, Glenn). Nearly everyone would seem more reflective if they had to type out a response, put it in an envelope, lick a stamp and drop it into the mail.
In general, I agree. However, here is where I wax on about how Social Media is the way of the world whether we like it or not. Want to run any kind of political campaign these days? Better have twitter followers and a FB page. It doesn't take very long, however, to actually think about any kind of post or response on social media and make an effort to sound adult and polite.

What I believe social media has done is take away polite society. Growing up I was taught that you didn't necessarily blurt out everything that pops in your mind. You first run those thoughts through a filter of sort, think to yourself "is this in the overall best interest," and then form a reasoned response if you decide that saying something is necessary. I would hope that a retired LtCol in the military would have learned some of this along the way. Sure, the military teaches superiors to be blunt with subordinates. But an NRA Board Member is not a superior... he's a representative. He best learn that lesson. I find some things, such as the frequent use of "haters," to be juvenile in big boy adult conversations. Not what I would expect from a retired Field Grade Officer or an NRA Board Member.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Page generated in 0.02325 seconds with 8 queries