View Single Post
Old February 2, 2017, 09:32 AM   #6
Mauser69

ALL Coated Bullets STINK!!!!

Despite the fact that I have not actually tried "ALL" coated bullets, I will stand firmly behind my belief that they all have a terrible stench. The smell is just disgusting.

My experience with them is somewhat different than the OP, but I appreciate the post and observations. I have found the coated bullets I purchased from MBC in three different calibers to definitely reduce leading in all loads, at any speeds and pressures. But they did NOT eliminate leading. Unfortunately, it is totally impossible to mention leading on one of these forums without the drones immediately jumping in and pontificating on their simplistic ideas and solution.

The issues around leading are actually fairly complex, simply because there are so many things that can affect it, either good or bad. Coating a bullet with anything, from simple grease to plastic, WILL have some affect - it is impossible for it not to.

For me, coated bullets are a mixed bag. I HATE the horrible stench, but I do appreciate the reduced leading. In the end, I just try to stick with plated and jacketed bullets for most shooting.

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries